Schools out for summer….Can you hear it? To the tune of AC/DC….schools out forever…Can you hear it now? 😀
Some of my summertime favorites from when I was a kid were fairly simple I think. Camping and looking up at the stars, listening to the crickets and catching lightening bugs. Having snow cones on a hot day, spending a day at the lake swimming and fishing. Visiting my grandparents and playing with my cousins. Going to summer camp and making new friends. So what a better way to create wonderful summer memories with my kids than to relive some of my own favorites? Here is a list of fun doings I plan to do with the kids this summer. After all, this is the last summer before my sweet baby boy goes off to kindergarten in the fall.
* Hawaiian Falls. I know the kids will love it, it would be their first trip to a water park, and they just opened one up near us.
* We also want to take them camping and hiking at Glen Rose to see the Dinosaur tracks.
* Dallas World Aquarium and Zoological Garden
* Medieval Times
* Fort Worth Science Museum
* Putt Putt
* Dallas Farmers Market
* Our favorite snow cone stand in Roanoke
* Make homemade popsicles
* Catch lightening bugs when camping
* Play at the Roanoke Splash Pad
* Get Jaydon more familiar with playing baseball
* Lily try a summer dance camp
* Visit and play with cousins
* Swim as much as possible. 🙂
My parents would also take us on a summer vacation every year. I want to do this with the kids as well. This year courtesy of Grammy, we get to travel to Georgia at the end of June to see Jared (my brother-in-law) graduate Army bootcamp. We are all so VERY proud of him. 🙂
Please feel free to share your summertime doings. I love sharing ideas with you. 🙂 Have a memorable summer!